I wanted to give our Granville Home of Hope supporters an update on how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting this year’s program and Grand Prize Drawing. For many of the beneficiary organizations, the Granville Home of Hope is the biggest fundraising event of the year, with a huge amount of time and effort dedicated to selling tickets whose proceeds go directly to their organizations. However, because of the sudden increased need in our community, these organizations need to focus their efforts entirely on serving those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. From Central California Food Bank addressing an unexpected increase in food insecurity, to the Foundations for Sanger and Clovis Schools’ tireless efforts to develop new procedures that ensure our children’s education and nutritional programs can continue uninterrupted, it is times like these that show just how critical service organizations are in our community. Granville Homes wants to support these organizations in any way we can to help them continue the critical work they are doing in our community. We do not want any of the Granville Home of Hope beneficiaries to be put at a disadvantage in raising money for their organization through ticket sales because they are too busy providing services. Because of this, we have made the decision to postpone the Granville Home of Hope Grand Prize Drawing until September 30th, 2020. Here is the key information that we can share at this time:
- Due to statewide COVID-19 regulations, the Granville Home of Hope is closed to all public viewings until further notice.
- Each organization, including Granville Homes, will continue to sell tickets during this time. Every penny of every ticket sold benefits the organization that the ticket is purchased from, while proceeds from tickets purchased through Granville Homes are split among the ten beneficiary nonprofits. Buying a Granville Home of Hope ticket is a great way of supporting the work that these organizations are doing to meet our community’s needs during this crisis.
- The KSEE24 Telethon and Lexus Drawing has been moved to September 16th, 2020.
- Your ticket is still valid. Every ticket that has been purchased to date will be entered in the Granville Home of Hope drawing and Lexus Drawing, if applicable.
- We are releasing the funds from ticket sales to the beneficiary nonprofits regularly as tickets are sold, meaning that all funds from your ticket purchase go right back into providing for our community’s immediate needs.